Facilitated by PACE personnel or PACE trained facilitators
The What Now, Airman? training videos present moral and ethical “gray areas” to spur discussion and address decision-making among targeted audience groups. The central focus of the videos is to address character development, Air Force Core Values, and moral/ethical decision-making.
Each video module audience (Squadron commanders, First Term Airmen, etc.) address six ethical topics recently faced or currently being faced by the target audience of that module. Current ethical topics include: unprofessional relationships, use of social media, sharing of prescription drugs, sexual harassment/assault, misuse of power/position, cheating/academic integrity, personal financial management, use/misuse of alcohol, and acceptable/unacceptable use of racial titles.
Each ethical topic will be addressed by six perspectives. The central character introduces the ethical dilemma he/she is facing and the other characters will present the perspectives of, for example, his/her supervisor, co-worker, spouse, First Sergeant, Judge Advocate, etc.
The What Now modules are intended to spark conversation and discussion among the targeted audiences, as facilitated by the facilitator, thereby organically bringing about a resolution in line with AF Core Values.
The goal of any What Now, Airman? lesson is to:
1. Enhance Airmen’s professional development through discussion of targeted ethical areas.
2. Promote discussion and provide decision making opportunities based on ethical/moral dilemmas in a facilitated forum.
3. Strengthen Airmen’s ability to connect Air Force Core Values with mission accomplishment.
4. Foster habits of mind that lead to moral courage and ethical judgment.
5. Foster mental agility, adaptive behavior, and diversity of thought.